Thursday, April 19, 2012

Produce boxes and a world of mysteries in a cupboard.

A year and a half ago I got home from the best experience in my life in the Philippines. I learned so many things there about myself and the kind of person that I would like to be. I will always love the relationship and the fond memories I shared with my Aunt Di. She is one of the strongest and loving people I know. She will always hold a special place in my heart. As the day to leave got closer and closer I knew that I would leave with a heavy heart and always miss her and the people of the Philippines. I never really thought that I would feel as sad as the day that I left and I still remember trying keep a reign on my emotions, knowing that in a sad comment or the sight of a cute puppy, I would be a train wreck. Unfortunately, today, I feel as sad as the day I left, having to push away the thoughts of life moving on, keeping them at bay, as to not stir up any unwanted moisture in my eyes.

In a mere 3 days my life will be different. Saying goodbye is never an easy thing to do. I have loved my wonderful roommates; they are Beautiful, and such great examples to me. I have loved getting so close to them and I am sad to see them go. We have had a wonderful 2 semesters together. But, there is one roommate that I think that I will miss the most.

Abi. This is one friendship that has surprised me the most. I was bit skeptical when she first brought up the idea of us living together. I wasn’t sure how well we would do living in the same household... But, if you know me at all, I am always up for something new and challenging.. So, I said ‘ok’ and it has been the wildest and best time of my life so far. I will really miss the crazy McNeill mind reading that goes on between us. :)

Abi has been of the best things to happen to me. She is one of the greatest examples to me of a righteous Daughter of God. I have loved being able to talk her about the gospel. She has such a unique way of talking about the Love of our Father in Heaven that makes you want to be a better person. I love her in all of her Craziness and will miss every bit of our time together.

It has been hard for me to accept the fact that she will no longer be my roommate next week. It makes me sad but I know that we are both on to bigger and better things in our life... and there is always something that we can count on... we are related.. duh. I talk as if she is dying... but, she is not. I will always hold on to this past years memories, and I cannot wait for the day that our future children will get to listen to the stories of our wild dance parties in the kitchen, our not so subtle giggle fits in church and our love of jumping in freezing cold pool... fully clothed. It will be Grand. And hey, maybe one day when we are old and Grey, they will have the chance to be roommates, And if we don’t have kids? We will be the 70 year old roommates that shop at TJ MAXX, and wear sweaters... like cat ladies... Except no cats:0 (no, no... I do not hate God and the World... It’s fine. So, I don’t like cats… Sue me.)

Always remember to smile and keep your chin up.

                 Stay Strong,
                   Charley:)

1 comment:

  1. Loved your post Chuck! I am so glad that ALL you kids have a relationship with each other. I remember growing up with my cousins, being close to them when we were young. What you share is a treasure!

    P.S. you made me cry

    ReplyDelete