Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Last Few Days- CRAZY week!!


Sorry for the sudden break. It has been so crazy the last couple of days. It seems like it is just flying by. So here is a quick update.
On Monday we went out to breakfast with Uncle Rich. Then me, Nathan, Hannah and Brad went to this cool antique store. It was so neat to see all of the different things from clothes, hats, pearls, blankets, dishes, desks and letters that obviously meant enough to someone to keep such a long time. I think that is awesome. 
            After Breakfast and the Antique store, Hannah gave me the great honor of letting me play American Girl dolls with her (I officially am saving up to get one, lol) It was tons of fun, playing dolls with her, because she has such an imagination. She is such a doll.       
Then I, Hannah, Brad, and Josh built this cool fort in the basement. They thought that it was the coolest thing they had ever seen. After we built it we watched and American Girl movie in it. They Loved every seconded of it. For dinner we got to eat at the olive garden. One of the best places EVER!! I didn’t even suggest it, Hannah did. Yum:) 
Well, today we left for the airport about 9. I got to say bye to the kids. They were so cute. They were all, “Charley you will have to come back and see us, and build us forts and color with us. You know you could just live with us and be our nanny. We will pay you in chocolate and kisses.” Lol. They make me laugh. They are seriously some of the Funniest and Cutest kids on the PLANET!
When we got to the airport we had to return our car to the Rental car place. That was to say the least interesting, only for the fact that we had 8 bags between the 2 of us to TRY to attempt to get them to the bus and to the airport (without) losing a single one. We managed to get ALL of the bags on a cart and onto the bus. Lol. The ride to Minneapolis was interesting. I sat next to a man that snored the WHOLE time.... That was an experience. The people sitting across the aisle litterally laughed at me the whole plane ride. Ah, Boy was I glad to get off that plane. 
When we got off the plane we had to walk a mile at least to get to the next terminal. And we made it just as they started to board the plane. Few. That was cutting it a little close. But all was well we were some of the first to get on. Thanks to the woman flying business class! Lol.
The flight to Japan was better than I expected seeing as I slept most of the way. Also, the food wasn't terrible, and I sat next to the window. And for another thing the 14 hours goes by fast when you have cute boys to look at and nice people to talk to! JK. Lol.
When we landed in Japan, I got to have another interesting experience. I needed to use the Bathroom..... And you know how everything in Japan is futuristic? Well, you haven't seen anything until you have seen a Japanese restroom of the future. Let's just say it takes a whole swat team to figure out how to flush the toilet... Well, yeah. And the door was automatic. So, you had to press a button open and close. Holy. It was... strange to say the least. 
 Also while we were in Japan, we got to eat at this cool authentic Japanese noodle place. It was AMAZING!!! I loved it! The flight to Manila was a fast 6 hours, only because I slept the whole way. lol. When we got to the Airport in manila it was also quite an experience trying to get our bags, because everyone is pushing to get to the front. So no one can get their bags. So they just go round and round and round. Lol. We got them eventually (with force) and found Aunt Di's driver Rodello. Who is really nice by the way. I was really tired by the time we got to her house. But I managed to stay up and get my things unpacked, I then slept like a baby. Lol. 
In the morning Aunt Di took us to breakfast at this cool pancake house, Where we saw a table of famous actors from the Philippines. Lol. It was cool. Oh, and the food was good too! Lol.
All day long I stuck out like a sore thumb. Lol. People were staring, I felt so weird. Ha. After breakfast Edison another driver, took me to the mall across the street to get me a new sim card and load me up so I can have a phone to text Aunt Di if I ever need to. So, we had to walk across a really busy street to the huge mall next to her house, but crossing the street was chaos. No one waits for you to cross the road, it is seriously death to try and cross. Lol. But, I made it alive. Lol. 
One thing that I do have to say is that the air is so hard to breathe here, mainly because of all the pollution, but it is defiantly getting better. Also, it is so HOT!! Not only is it hot but it is humid. Yuck. Lol.
Sept. 9th:  Today I got to experience the farmers market. Holy. It is crazy how unsanitary everything is. It’s all just lying out, all the meat, the veggies, the fruit and fish, and if something falls on the floor they just pick it up and put it back. Crazy. Rodello had me try this strange fruit, I forgot the name, It was really sweet. Except when you would get a bad seed... Then it was KILLER bitter. I got one and it almost made me throw up. Lol. It was funny. Rodello laughed at me but, It is all good. We came back home and I decided to take a nap. I ended up sleeping from 3pm to 8am the next morning. I must have been sleepy, because I slept right through dinner, and Aunt Di trying to wake me. Lol. I feel bad about it. But it’s a good thing she decided to not cook anything.
Sept. 10th: In the morning I woke up to find that Aunt Di left at 6 in the morning to go…GOLFING. I am glad that she decided to let me sleep... Lol. It was a nice and relaxing morning. Me and Aunt Di went to Green hills and I got a VERY BEAUTIFUL Jimmy Choo Hobo Purse- A-Mazazing!! Ahh, and for ONLY 800 pesos= what might you ask is that in American Dollar Bills?! $18-$20!! Man, I know what you are saying, Get me one of those… No! Lol. No room in the Suitcase. The rest of the day was pretty laid back, it was nice. We went to S&R (Mini Costco) it was fun… I am weird. I got Aunt Di to sit down and watch GLEE!! Lol. She loved it! It was so fun hanging out with her.
Sept. 11th:  Today we spent the morning running and playing basketball 2 to 1 at a local court. Me and Aunt Di SCHOOLED Rodello! Lol. Then we ate lunch watched Glee and went to see Princesses husband. Princess was one of Aunt Di’s really good friends and workers that passed away in January. So we go to see him at his work and I also got to do some souvenir shopping spending only 3 or 4 dollars on everything.
I seriously can’t express how much I love this place! I am having the time of my life. I am really excited to get started with the real work. Everyone is so nice here they all are super friendly, they smile and say hello to you. It is awesome! Although I am not saying that I don’t miss my family, because I do, A LOT. I defiantly miss my family, my bed, my town, my COUNTRY! Being here makes you appreciate everything that we take for granted in the US. Like for example, Meat- you have to be so careful of what kind of meat that you eat, where you buy it and where it comes from: Also, with streets, rules, driving, It seems that you can do whatever(and I MEAN ANYTHING) there are no rules when you are driving, it is absolute CHAOS! It scares the life out of you. People are living on the street and not just a few, hundreds, thousands, homeless- broke-jobless. It is devastating. I just hope that there will be something I can do to help in some little way. I feel as though I am rambling on. I am going call it a night and go to bed. Sleep tight America and Enjoy the Freedom. LOVE you all miss you and Sleep tight!!
                                              With Love, Charley:D

3 comments:

  1. So glad you're having fun there. We miss you and hope you come and visit soon. Your posts are very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Chuckee, how many suitcases did you end up taking? I told you not to take too many full ones, that you would be buying "stuff" there and need room to bring it all home.

    Glad to read about all your amazing adventures and that you are having fun. Remember in all work to have fun in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charley- so glad you are having fun!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete