Friday, September 3, 2010

Adios UTAH--- HEELLOO CHICAGO!!!!

   So I I left Salt Lake with a very tearful goodbye, on my mothers end. Lol. As i got to the gate to where my plane would depart.. It all set in.. I was finally thinking well, I am really not going to see my family for a while... But, I will be ok. And after at least 20 calls from my mom to see if i made it to the gate OK, and didn't get lost, stolen, or mugged (Yeah... in Salt Lake), I finally boarded the LITTLE (yes, I mean little, Yikes) plane. It was pretty fun. I sat next to this lady that was on her way to visit her grandchildren, she lived in Florida, and had a deep New York accent. She told me a lot about herself. I feel like I know her.. LOL. There was this one really LOUD family, yelling to each other across the plane. The first thing I thought was if my family was here we would beat them in a loud contest.. that made me sad.. haha then I almost peed laughing at the thought of it.


The ride on the plane was really good only 2 hours. It went by faster than I thought that it would. But as we touched down in Chicago that is when I got nervous, so nervous that I got a coldsore... ICK i know.. (I need Abreva, Pronto.) But, all was well. Jessica was right in saying that you have to walk a mile to get to the baggage claim. haha It was easy though. My bags where the first to come out, Thank goodness. All I had to do was wait for Aunt Di to come and get me.


When Kristi and Aunt Di finally got to the airport and we were headed to Kristi's house (Which I might say is NOT in the Boony's, and is quite cute.).  We had to stop at Walgreen's on the way home, and while Aunt Di was inside, after that McNeill--Pea-sized Patients kicked in.. JK lol:D I looked at my phone and saw that a weird number was calling. So I answered thinking that it was a wrong number. When on the other end I heard,

"Yes, Ms. McNeill, This is so and so with the Department of Homeland security. We believe that there is a problem with your luggage." 

"Well, I have my luggage..." I said.

"We need you to please take your luggage to the nearest police station and have it searched."

"Um.. What..?" Panic stricken my this point.

"Have you left the air port? Where are you?" 

Stumbling and shocked trying to gather my words to try and explain to Kristi what was going on.

"Ma'am, We believe that your luggage has been tampered with, please take it to the nearest Police station to have it searched."


"Um... Should I be worried?" Obviously.


By this time Aunt Di was making her way around the back of the car to get in.


"Where are you?"

Aunt Di finally got in the car and I managed a, "Um.. Here is my Aunt. Talk to her."

The second Aunt Di got on the phone they wouldn't talk, she said that it was probably a phony call. But that she thought that is was weird that they would know my name, that I was just at the Airport, and my Cell number. So we hang up. And not 2 seconds later they call again. This time Aunt Di picks up, "Hello"---- Crickets... But, then she hears kids in the background... she hangs up. They call again, She answers, Who was it you might ask?? None other than, my Uncle Rich... That stinker gave me such a HEART ATTACK!! My adrenaline was pumping so much that I still have a high from it.. haha. Anyways, Kristi called it, the second that Di said she heard kids. It was a funny prank...not so funny in the moment though. KUDOS, to Uncle Rich. 


   While the rest of my day was pretty laid back, I got teased for a while after. 


   By the time dinner rolled around I was starving!!! It took us at least 30 min. to decide where we were going to go, and we finally decided to get dinner, appetizers and desert in 3 different places. 
    First, we went through the drive up window and got these nasty NO taste mini burgers, that Uncle Rich loves(not sure why). haha It was called White Castle.. I think. 
    We then went to this AWESOME Chicago Pizzeria. So good. We ate BBQ, and veggie Pizza and Nachos with Jalepenos. Yum. And topped it all off with Ice Cream! Yum. 


   Today was tons of fun though. I am hoping that tomorrow will be better. I am definatly feeling the Jet lag...It's rough. 


Tomorrow the plan is to see as MUCH of Chicago as we can. We are planning on going on a Food Tour.. I think. The Great Mile..WINDOW SHOPPING!! YAY! 


Also Big SHOUT OUT to my MOMMY! I Love you and just for the record I worried if YOU got home OK. :D LOVE YOU and you will be fine. :D Have fun camping.
                                  Until next time,
                                              <3 Charley :D
                                                                                                                                                                                        

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny that you said you had jet lag when tier is only am hour time difference. Sis you'll have to stay on your toes with uncle Rich around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, It is true.. I am not used to flying so i was like super sleepy from the plane and pressure was weird.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts are so fun to read. I'm glad you had a fun time. We really do want you to be our Nanny. The kids haven't stopped talking about you and how much they love you. We will not only pay you in chocolate and kisses, we will pay you in secrets. You are going to be the best Mom! Miss you Annie!

    ReplyDelete